[DWJ] Newly discovered books

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 05:09:51 EDT 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: "LWilkinson

A fantasy title HAS won more recently - Dragonkeeper by Carole Wilkinson
(who happens to be my mother) won a couple of years ago for the young
readers award. And whilst I hold out no hopes for Monster Blood Tattoo for
that award, I have strong feelings (and whispering birdies) about a certain
fantasy title on the Older Readers Shortlist...

You were right
http://www.cbc.org.au/winner07.htm
I'm amazed and impressed at a short story collection winning. Monster Blood Tattoo is an Honour Book too. A great result for fantasy. I have to admit I'd forgotten your mother's book, Mea Culpa, I'd completely ignored any category but Older Readers. Also when I actually checked the winners I noticed quite a good showing for titles with SF and fantasy elements through the 1990s.

Jon