[DWJ] dark is rising trailer

Fiona Haggart fhaggart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 04:29:41 EDT 2007

On 16/08/07, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Obviously I'm missing something: I thought that the movie is still set
> in Britain but that **Will** had been changed to being American to
> emphasise his isolation?

Well the school in the clip is obviously an American school, the
mall/security guards are likewise American. Maybe the family are
transplanted to the UK during the course of the film?

I find myself most concerned by the bland identikit nature of the
blond moppet they have selected as Will. I'd hoped for someone with a
little gravitas like Lukas Haas but this boy makes me think that the
new tagline should be:  The Dark Is Rising (And It's Going To Be A
Walkover....).

Mind you, I'll still feel the need to watch it, as a friend has a
small part in it!

Fiona