[DWJ] dark is rising trailer

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:19:20 EDT 2007

On 14/08/07, jane kenneway <janekenneway at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm so disappointed by this! I thought it could be so
> good and that some of the casting was interesting. I
> think the biggest mistake is moving the setting to
> America.

Obviously I'm missing something: I thought that the movie is still set
in Britain but that **Will** had been changed to being American to
emphasise his isolation?

Certainly most of the adult supporting cast I've seen are British: Ian
McShane, Chris Eccleston, etc. Wikipedia[1] supports me: "Stanton was
also written to be American so he would be established as more of an
outsider, culturally alien to the story's English setting"[2]

HTH HAND
--
Phil
...who is getting more Wikipedian by the minute[3]