[DWJ] dark is rising trailer

jane kenneway janekenneway at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 05:51:27 EDT 2007

I'm so disappointed by this! I thought it could be so
good and that some of the casting was interesting. I
think the biggest mistake is moving the setting to
America. It means they have to remove so much of the
mythological background because it just doesn't fit -
in America surely you'd want some kind of native
american mysticisn driving the plot to give the sense
of the age old battle embedded in the land. Modern USA
just doesn't have the historical longevity to sustain
this atmosphere. I can't see how any sequels would
work either - all the books have very strong
geographical features that are needed to make the
plotsa make any sense at all!