[DWJ] Newly discovered books

Susanna Victoria dragonflygreen11 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 15:05:30 EDT 2007

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa wrote:

>I think one of the reasons I don't like Witch Week is that it is
painfully close to a SF/YA issue book. I mean, if someone had a terrible
secret in the SF of the late 70s, it generally either turned out to
be some sort of superpower and there was a closet organization to
protect those who had it, or it turned out that everyone had it,
depending on how empathic the author was, only if everyone had it the SF
author would probably only manage to get a short story out of it in the
1960s and 70s.

Hmm...interesting.  I always liked Witch Week quite a lot; I think it is one of DWJ's funniest, and that's saying something.  And it seems especially good next to Harry Potter, which bears it *a more-than-passing resemblence.*  What books were you thinking of, in particular?

Susanna

~~~~~
Let the heart complete the pattern.