[DWJ] Newly discovered books

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Aug 13 14:03:32 EDT 2007

 > "Witch Week" and "Dogsbody" are obviously not about diversity and
>anti-Irishism (not that I think you were implying that they *are*,
>Charlie), any more than "The Time of the Ghost" is about child abuse.

I think one of the reasons I don't like Witch Week is that it is
painfully close to a SF/YA issue book. I mean, if someone had a terrible
secret in the SF of the late 70s, it generally either turned out to
be some sort of superpower and there was a closet organization to
protect those who had it, or it turned out that everyone had it,
depending on how empathic the author was, only if everyone had it the SF
author would probably only manage to get a short story out of it in the
1960s and 70s.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net