[DWJ] Twilight and New Moon (Was: Discussing now: What?)

Juliette Curtis jcurtis at harvestroad.com
Wed Aug 8 21:04:31 EDT 2007

>> "demand of yourself more than you demand of anyone else"

>it's very double-edged advice.

I lived according to the above principle for many years and it was one of
the major factors in my clinical depression. I have lightened up a lot now
and am healthier as a result.

It's a very very hard way to live. It took 30 years for me to learn that I
should be as compassionate and forgiving to myself as I am to other people.
If I am not, I will destroy myself.

It's OK to set high standards for oneself but they should not be
unrealistically high.

Juliette