[DWJ] That time of year again

Wed Aug 8 12:47:22 EDT 2007

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 00:38:06 -0600, Robyn Starkey wrote:

>My daughter loves them. We got a collection of 5 on a CD, and she
>listens to them as well as reading them. I think she really liked
>Chrysanthemum because she has an unusual name too, and it is oddly like
>Chrysanthemum's name. Also, Lilly's Big Day was a huge help in preparing
>her to be a flower girl.

I just bought a practically new copy of _Lilly's Big Day_ for fifty cents at
the thrift store.  For me, naturally.

Talking about King-Smith reminded me that we all liked _Jenius: the Amazing
Guinea Pig_.  It was very good for my older daughter who's had trouble
learning to read; the story is told simply, but it's got some complex ideas
in it.

Melissa Proffitt