[DWJ] That time of year again

Rachel Ganz rachel at compromise.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 05:06:38 EDT 2007

>I would love a suggestion or two for a chapter book; BEARING IN MIND
>that this is supposed to be a course about lit for 4-8 year olds, and
>that I have to pick stuff that is available (which rules out many of my
>favourites).

My daughter loved Bill's New Frock by Annie Fine. It may be a bit short though. I think she started reading Harry Potter when she was 7 or 8 as well. Michael Morpurgo and Dick King-Smith went down well.

But she didn't really read for pleasure until we were stuck in a house with nothing to do  and she discovered The Phantom Tollbooth - which she loved. She must have been (counts on fingers) just 8.

Rachel
Brevity, clarity and cups of tea