[DWJ] That time of year again

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 7 19:59:56 EDT 2007

Melissa Proffitt wrote:

>I bought _I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato_ years ago for my picky oldest
>child, but it didn't help.  She knew there were tomatoes on her plate no
>matter what I called them.  :)  Love Lauren Child's books though...just
>re-read _Beware of the Storybook Wolves_ yesterday, taking a break from
>figuring out how the school computer managed to advance everyone TWO grades
>instead of one over the summer.

Well, I was thinking of it as a great book for a discussion on food and
eating - everyone knows Green Eggs and Ham, so I wanted something a bit
different. Interesting that it doesn't work. Doesn't work on my kid, either.

> I also *think* I like _Lilly's Purple
>Plastic Purse_ better than _Chrysanthemum_, but how do you even begin to
>choose favorites there?

It's hard, but Chrysanthemum works really well for discussions about
identity, which is why I choose it last semester. Next time I want a
change, I will go with Lilly as a way to talk about school, I think.

robyn