[DWJ] That time of year again

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 7 14:18:41 EDT 2007

Okay, actually, it is quite late for me to be putting together my
reading list for Literature for Young Children, but I extravagantly went
on holiday for a month around the time I should have been making my book
list. Here's my list of books.

Shrek - the book, not the film
Flotsam - (recent Caldecott winner by David Weisner, who has won the
Caldecott an inordinate number of times)
Charlotte's Web
The Water Hole by Graeme Base (sometimes called The WaterHole)
Paul Zelazny's Rapunzel
Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late
I Will Never not Ever Eat a Tomato
Where the Wild Things Are
The Sneetches and Other Stories
Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes

I am thinking of taking off Stories from Wayside School because my last
class hated it, and I might put Cat Wings by Le Guin back on.

I would love a suggestion or two for a chapter book; BEARING IN MIND
that this is supposed to be a course about lit for 4-8 year olds, and
that I have to pick stuff that is available (which rules out many of my
favourites).

Robyn