[DWJ] Newly discovered books

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Fri Aug 3 14:36:38 EDT 2007

I've just finished a wonderful, complicated book by Aidan Chambers, This is
All, which I think I shall read again and again for different elements in
it.

It seems to me to have taken on board the less consecutive way we tend to
read now, particularly when on the Internet, as well as the different styles
of writing we use for different purposes.

Quite apart from some wonderful characters and a moving, exhilarating story.

It is the last (hence the title) in a sequence of loosely connected stories,
which he describes as moving from the masculine to the feminine over a
period of nearly 30 years.

I shall go back and read or reread the whole sequence over the next few
weeks or months.

EB
Elizabeth Bentley, Head of Learning Resources
Northbrook C of E School, London, UK
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
--
School Librarians Network is a forum where UK school librarians can exchange
news, views and ideas and give each other mutual support.