[DWJ] Twilight and New Moon (Was: Discussing now: What?)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Fri Aug 3 08:45:21 EDT 2007

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Minnow wrote:
>> Always remember to demand more of yourself than anyone else.
>
> Does this mean "demand of yourself more than anyone else demands of you" or
> "demand of yourself more than you demand of anyone else"?

In the context of the book, I suspect it means "demand more of
yourself than you demand of anyone else", but I don't think that
the book's heroine, Jade, would disagree with the other
interpretation either. She's hard-core, yo.

-deborah
--
"You do not have to do everything disagreeable that you have a
right to do." 		-- Judith Martin (Miss Manners)