[DWJ] Now a major television series...

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Apr 30 10:35:39 EDT 2007

On Apr 30, 2007, at 7:06 AM, liril at gmx.net wrote:

> Everywhere I turn the last few days, television series of books I like
> seem to pop up:
>
> In a bookshop, browsing Terry Pratchett books, I see a photo of a girl
> on an edition of Hogfather - and the text below says: now a major
> television series.

I can only speak to this one.  It's totally incredible.  It's wonderful.
They got it right.  Terry helped with it and has a small role.  I
never would have believed anybody could do as good a job.

And I haven't even seen it yet.  There was a bunch of it pirated [?]
on YouTube and I watched that.  I have the screenplay.  My DVD will
come as soon as a certain check hits the bank and I can charge it.
[I live in the USofA; they didn't broadcast it here.]  [And yes, I do
have a DVD player that plays all formats.]

Sure there's stuff missing and few changes, but it's still very, very
good.

My only really strong casting feeling about Pratchettry in general is
that I think Sean Connery would make a truly fine Ridcully, but Joss
Ackland did just fine.

[Speaking of having a versatile DVD player:  I have acquired
_Archer's Goon_, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
Somebody had info they had gotten from the DWJ LiveJournal
and I was finally able to follow it up a month or two ago.  Hey,
Melissa!  Want to come and see it sometime?]