Order of the Stick (was Re: [DWJ] ADMINISTRIVIA: list information)

Tue Apr 24 11:21:40 EDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:42:03 -0400 (EDT), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Otter Perry wrote:
>> It's from episode 421 of the webcomic "Order of the Stick."
>> And here's the link:
>> http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0421.html
>>
>> I found it by Googling, and may hate Deborah forever
>> for turning me into an OOTS reader.  Because, of course,
>> I had to start at episode 1 and I'm ploughing through
>> the mid-hundreds at the moment.
>
>Yay, a convert!
>
>Yes, Otter found it. Order of the Stick is a stick-figure web
>comic which is basically a huge pile of meta jokes about Dungeons
>& Dragons. If you've played (and particularly if you have played
>both third edition and older editions, but you don't need to
>have) the comic is really hysterical. It should have gotten old
>by now, but it just hasn't.

You can also buy it in book format if you like from APE Games
(http://apegames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=OOTSB).
There is one collection (soon to be two) that are only available in print.

Also, the new RSS feed means I no longer wait at the web site obsessing over
when Rich Burlew will post the new one.

I can't remember which member of our gaming group discovered it first, but
it's turned into required reading by now.  I think game sessions have been
held up while someone who's gotten behind borrows a laptop to read Friday's
strip.

Melissa Proffitt
(whose kids are always stealing the books to read in bed)