[DWJ] Collectives

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Tue Apr 24 11:10:09 EDT 2007

Rosie pointed out:

> Can't help with Marlborough and Stowe (Stovians?), but those at
> Winchester are Wykehamists. My own school is easy; I am an Old
> Rydalian

Oh, if we're on to schools, now, I'm an Old Wellensian (Wells) and
(since Rosie mentions it) my father is an Old Marlburian.

I recall a similar discussion about Cambridge colleges when I was there.
Those at Peterhouse were officially Petrians; those at St John's were
Johnians.  I was at Queens', where we were conventionally Queens(wo)men.
The temptation was to call those at Christ's Christians and those at
Trinity Trinitarians, which was true in the case of my particular
friends from those colleges, but probably not of the majority of
students!  Frequently in humour, but never to my knowledge seriously,
those from Corpus Christi were Corpuscles.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432