[DWJ] ADMINISTRIVIA: list information

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Apr 24 10:42:03 EDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Otter Perry wrote:
> It's from episode 421 of the webcomic "Order of the Stick."
> And here's the link:
> http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0421.html
>
> I found it by Googling, and may hate Deborah forever
> for turning me into an OOTS reader.  Because, of course,
> I had to start at episode 1 and I'm ploughing through
> the mid-hundreds at the moment.

Yay, a convert!

Yes, Otter found it. Order of the Stick is a stick-figure web
comic which is basically a huge pile of meta jokes about Dungeons
& Dragons. If you've played (and particularly if you have played
both third edition and older editions, but you don't need to
have) the comic is really hysterical. It should have gotten old
by now, but it just hasn't.

I'm very picky about my webcomics (right now I'm only reading
Order of the Stick and Xkcd. Both of which, come to think of it,
are incredibly nerdy).

Oh! I just figured out how to make this on topic! Imagine Dark
Lord as a comic instead of as a book, and imagine it being about
Dungeons & Dragons instead of stock fantasy novels (and of
course, those two are inextricably related), and you have Order
of the Stick.

-deborah
--
I would rather go honestly to Hell, admitting that I leaped
knowingly into error and folly, than enter into the sweetest