[DWJ] Collectives

Rosemary Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 10:02:24 EDT 2007

--- Minnow <minnow at belfry.org.uk> wrote:

> Salop, yes, that was it: the county until 1974.  And the scholars are
> certainly Salopians, just to confuse anyone they can.  (Ians again:
> Harrovians, Etonians, Cliftonians, but what about Rugby and
> Marlborough and
> Stowe.)

Rugbeians, they call themselves. My DH is an Old one. I think that's
how they spell it; I wanted to put Rugboeans. Now both those look
wrong.

Can't help with Marlborough and Stowe (Stovians?), but those at
Winchester are Wykehamists. My own school is easy; I am an Old Rydalian
- not that I do much about it.

Rosie