[DWJ] Sex/gender

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat Apr 21 19:30:05 EDT 2007

On Apr 21, 2007, at 2:29 PM, Minnow wrote:

> I slightly assume that The New York State Department of Corrections is
> some
> sort of penal organisation, in which case they probably want to know
> which
> slammer they need to find a place in for the person filling in the
> form, so
> I bet that when they ask about it, what they really want to be told
> initially is whether the person they are asking is a pointer or a
> setter.
> Or does NY have mixed prisons?

Well, just knowing what kind of genitalia a person has does not
indicate where that person can be safely incarcerated.  If, for
example, a person is a pre-op male-to-female, she would not
be safe incarcerated with other people with male genitalia, nor
would the authorities wish to incarcerate her with people with
female genitalia.

It is easier to lead men to combat, stirring up
their passion, than to restrain them and direct
them toward the patient labors of peace.

                                        -Andre Gide