[DWJ] Butlerian...

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat Apr 21 12:56:38 EDT 2007

On Apr 21, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Minnow wrote:

> Speaking for myself, I still find the four or five of his works I ever
> did
> find re-readable just as re-readable now.  Speaking for the family, we
> have
> recently had a necessary book-purge (so many books, not enough
> bookshelves)
> and the collection of William Mayne we had, apart from the four Choir
> School books -- which were anyway the only ones we had collectively
> bought
> in hardback rather than paperback -- seems to have been put onto the
> "reject" pile by everyone in turn.

There are *FOUR* Choir School books??!!!!

I only know of two, one of which -- A Swarm in May -- is one of
total favorites of all time.  The other I know of is Choristers Cake.
[I can't remember if that's a possessive and, if so, if it's singular
or plural.]

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land,
it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.

                                              --James Madison