[DWJ] Sex/gender (was Any number of threads and... something else....)

Sat Apr 21 01:00:15 EDT 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:02:01 -0400 (EDT), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>Maybe because I'm so tired, but I now have this wonderful image
>of characters actually made of language, the metaphor made real,
>ala the Mu Lan myth as I learned it in Kingston's _A Woman
>Warrior_.  Doesn't this happen somewhere in DWJ?  Paper people
>made out of spells, or something like that?  Who go all soft and
>floppy in the rain?
>
>...No, I'm thinking of something else.  What *is* that?   It
>happens in one of the Edward Eager books, I think.

Sounds like _The Enchanted Castle_ by E. Nesbit, with stuffed-paper people
wished into life by the magic ring.  But I am mentally exhausted enough that
the title (which is correct) sounded entirely wrong to me.

Melissa Proffitt