[DWJ] Brisbanite

Aimee Smith aimees001 at netspace.net.au
Fri Apr 20 03:55:38 EDT 2007

Brisbane people = Brisbanite.
Alternatively, "He's from Brissie". (pronounced 'Brizzie')
Or, occasionally, Bris-Vegas.

Hm.
Why or when did it change from 'Isrealite' to 'Israeli'? Or is one
only found in the Bible?

You know, I forget where I heard it, but the other day I made the
interesting discovery (or someone said they assumed it was true) -
that people from Asia (or parts of it?) think it's rude to ask where
someone comes from. Talk about a potential culture clash. That's just
about the first thing Australians ask each other, isn't it? Does
anyone know if this is a true tale?

Hello Yvonne!
Aimee.