[DWJ] Collectives

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 02:43:37 EDT 2007

>Kiwi.
>Taswegian (an oddity still seen occasionally).
>Icelander
>Hollander??? (Is that one right, Irina?)

Fun part about my town is that there are two collectives. The town is called
Lund, and a "Lundabo" (or "Lunnabo" in local dialect) is a person who lives
in Lund, while  a "Lundensare" is a person who either studies at Lund
University or has done so previously. And don't you dare call a Lunnabo a
Lundensare and thus question his/her status!

Neighbour town Malmö has the choice between "Malmöbo" and "Malmöit" though
in that case I don't think there's the distinction of meaning.

Katta