[DWJ] Naming a cat AND Where are we from?

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Thu Apr 19 16:51:23 EDT 2007

Minnow pointed out...

>>Dorian E. Gray wrote:
>
>>> Why do you find it odd?  It seems quite sensible to me to prevent
>>> wild/feral cats from adding to their population.  Just killing them
>>> seems needlessly cruel, and then you have the problem of disposing of
>>> the corpses - I should think it's probably cheaper and simpler to just
>>> neuter/spay them and let them go again.
>
> There is going to be a corpse eventually whether you do or you don't,
> actually,

Well, of course there is.

But what I'm thinking is that if the DSPCA were to trap stray/feral cats and
kill them, they would then have great piles of cat-corpses on their hands
and the problem of disposing of them.  If they neuter/spay the cats and then
return them whence they came (as they do), the eventual corpse is not their
problem.

Which may be a rather nasty way of looking at it, but when you're a
charitable organisation with limited funds, this is the kind of thing you
need to think about.  They can hardly bury vast quantities of deceased cats
in their collective back garden, after all.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray