[DWJ] Naming a cat AND Where are we from?

Farah Mendlesohn farah.sf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:13:47 EDT 2007

On 18/04/07, Mark Allums <mark at allums.com> wrote:

> I figure that if you have gone to the trouble to trap a cat, you
> probably should (properly!) humanely euthanise it.  I think it is less
> cruel than turning it loose.

It's not a cruelty issue, it's one that relates to all culls. Recent
experience has taught conservationists, vets and naturalists that when you
cull the local population of that species  goes into paroxysms. Outsiders
move in. Insiders move out for new partners. More babies are born.

This is why they are halting badger culls in the UK. Studies have revealed
higher levels of bovine tb where they have culled than where they haven't.

And now my own little brown cat is insisting that i stop typing for the
night and pay her some attention.

Farah