[DWJ] Naming a cat AND Where are we from?

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Wed Apr 18 17:08:46 EDT 2007

Dorian E. Gray wrote:
> Mark said...
>>
>> There are groups who capture wild cats, spay or neuter them, and
>> release them.  I find this practice odd.
>
> Why do you find it odd?  It seems quite sensible to me to prevent
> wild/feral cats from adding to their population.  Just killing them
> seems needlessly cruel, and then you have the problem of disposing of
> the corpses - I should think it's probably cheaper and simpler to just
> neuter/spay them and let them go again.

I figure that if you have gone to the trouble to trap a cat, you
probably should (properly!) humanely euthanise it.  I think it is less
cruel than turning it loose.  I am expecting to be told off for saying
so.  But there are issues with any course of action, if you choose not
to decide, you still have made a choice.  I love cats.  I wish life
wasn't so hard on them.  Certainly, there is rarely a good reason not to
spay/neuter your own animal.

Mark Allums, wishing I hadn't brought it up