[DWJ] Venus As A Boy (was Naming a cat AND Where are we from?)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Apr 18 01:11:31 EDT 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 9:47 PM, deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

> And for that matter, why do they all end
> up born in Cat's world as opposed to the others?

We don't actually know that they do, do we?  We only
know about the ones who _are_ born on Cat's world.

There may be nine-lived enchanters elsewhere.  People
wouldn't necessarily know about them on Cat's world,
because they wouldn't have any way of knowing that
somebody who should be there isn't.  <-- Well, that
certainly isn't clear.  Let's see...

It's relatively easy to tell if someone is a nine-lived
enchanter.

It's not easy to tell if someone is missing who is
part of a nine-lived enchanter somewhere else.

Is that any better?

You can out-distance that which is running after you,
but not what is running inside you.

				        --Rwandan proverb