[DWJ] Venus As A Boy (was Naming a cat AND Where are we from?)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Apr 17 23:47:48 EDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Ika Willis wrote:
> which reminded me to ask... Is there any reason, in principle, why
> nine-lived enchanters should be male? Or is it just a coincidence that
> there have been three (or is it four? ISTR that Gabriel de Witt's
> predecessor was a man too) male Chrestomancis in a row? And would it
> cause problems, in Christopher Chant's world which seems to be
> relatively conservative re: sex and gender, if the Chrestomanci were a
> woman?

Like the Doctor, just because they always have been (except in
that special from the 90's)?  Actually I'd find it rather
shocking in the metaphysics of the universe if all the nine live
enchanterers were male.  And for that matter, why do they all end
up born in Cat's world as opposed to the others?

-deborah
--
Me: Should we install Microsoft products or Applixware?
Magic 8 Ball: Outlook not good.