[DWJ] Naming a cat- comments/advice?

Anna Zofia Skarzynska ania.s at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 14:35:55 EDT 2007

It is decided- he is Romanov. Thanks for all the comments/suggestions- I
feel a bit bad that having asked you for comments I then went with my idea,
but it really does suit him.

Stalin was a great idea, but a little too close to the bone- my grandmother
was imprisoned during his rule in the 1950s and he really is not a joke to
us Poles. Personally I woldn't mind the name so much, but I would be
embarrassed to tell my family. I did like Benvenuto but it would shorten to
Ben, which wouldn't be at all original.

Besides, I had to hurry and decide because my son wanted to name him Roger,
just so he could say he was going home to Roger the cat. Or worse. If I
hadn't stepped in it might have stuck!

He looks just like Robyn's cats so he might be a Russian Blue after all!

There is still an opening for another name- perhaps I should continue with
the Russian/Slav theme - Ivan the Terrible Romanov? Vlad Romanov?
Thanks again,

Ania