[DWJ] Where are we from?

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Apr 16 07:31:39 EDT 2007

>On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 09:57:07AM +0100, Minnow wrote:
>>Dorian wrote:
>>>Speaking of which, am I the only one to see the internet term "pwned" and
>>>want to pronounce it "poon'd", because a W there must be a vowel, and
>>>therefore the word must be Welsh?
>>I don't ever see it, but if I did I would probably assume it was a typo for
>>"pawned".
>>Wot do it mean, Molesworth, wot function hav it?

R replied

>It's originally a typo for "owned", as in "I have just demonstrated that
>I am better at this game than you".

Gosh, that's really made it clear.

Like mud, or porridge.

Were you having a Stephen Potter moment and indulging in Lifemanship, 'cos
if so I will freely admit that you are better at this game than I am, in
that I need to have a few clues as to what we are talking about...  Which
sense of the word "owned" would that be, admitted or possessed?

Please can you run that explanation past me again with some explanation?
Like where either sense of "owned" fits into wot you sed?

Minnow