[DWJ] Naming a cat- comments/advice?

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sun Apr 15 15:43:42 EDT 2007

Ania said...

> It would be good to have a dwj-inspired cat name and I just
> thought of Romanov which would suit quite well,  but before I
> finally decide I thought I'd ask you all for comments/dwj-ish
> suggestions (Ha! It is an on-topic post, see?). My other cat is
> called Jadwiga - I think I told you how this came about already.

The naming of cats is a tricky business.  My first thought is to call him
Ingold (after Ingold Inglorion from Barbara Hambly's Darwath books).  For
some reason, "Basileus" is also coming to mind, but I can't think why.  And
if you want a DWJ name, I can't help feeling that Chrestomanci would be
good.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
http://dorianegray.livejournal.com

"When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it."
- Bernard Bailey