[DWJ] Where are we from?

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat Apr 14 13:29:35 EDT 2007

On Apr 14, 2007, at 3:38 AM, Colin Fine wrote:

> Mark Allums wrote:
>> As long as we are all being very specific, I shall redo my answer:
>>
>> I *live* in Henderson Texas; I was born in Fort Worth; lived in
>> Fairfield, Texas; Beckville, Texas; Midlothian, Texas; and
>> Nacogdoches, Texas.  Midlothian is indeed named after the Scottish
>> towns.
>>
> I bet Nacogdoches isn't!
>
> (btw Midlothian is a former county - part of the ancient kingdom of
> Lothian - not a town).

There are 22 states with Fairfields, four with Midlothians, 17 states
with Hendersons and
a Henderson in the Solomon Islands, only one Ft. Worth, and only one
Nacogdoches.

I bet Midlothian is named after [or because of] the Sir Walter Scott
novel.

[And I kindly corrected a typo in Mr. Fine's remark rather than rudely
pointing it out to him, but not so politely as not to mention it
existed.]

[Perhaps I should have said, "Mr. Fines remark".]

You can out-distance that which is running after you,
but not what is running inside you.

				        --Rwandan proverb