[DWJ] Where are we from?

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Sat Apr 14 07:01:51 EDT 2007

Colin Fine wrote:
> Mark Allums wrote:
>> As long as we are all being very specific, I shall redo my answer:
>>
>> I *live* in Henderson Texas; I was born in Fort Worth; lived in
>> Fairfield, Texas; Beckville, Texas; Midlothian, Texas; and
>> Nacogdoches, Texas.  Midlothian is indeed named after the Scottish towns.
>>
> I bet Nacogdoches isn't!
>
> (btw Midlothian is a former county - part of the ancient kingdom of
> Lothian - not a towns).
>
> Colin

Sorry, I meant, region, not towns.  Nacogdoches is named after a native
American, along with Natchitoches.  (They were brothers.  They lived up
around Shreveport, and were feuding, so their father, the tribal chief,
broke them up and sent each son to the respective areas to keep them apart.)

--Mark A.