[DWJ] Where are we from?

Richard Nagel richard_nagel at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 21:15:06 EDT 2007

De-lurking to register geographically. Born in London, England, now
live in London, Ontario. In between, I've lived in Cambridge, England;
Cambridge, Massachusetts; Valparaiso, Indiana; Llantwit Major, Wales;
Hamburg, Germany; Brooklyn, New York; Boston, Massachusetts; and
Madison, Wisconsin. The most common denominator seems to be
English-speaking university towns.

Richard Nagel

On 4/13/07, Jennifer Rowland <janamouse at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Otter wrote:>On Apr 11, 2007, at 2:36 PM, Jennifer Rowland wrote:
> >
> >>I'm from Nottingham
> >
> >There are also Nottinghams in Maryland, New Hampshire, and
> >Pennsylvania, none of which I've ever heard of, so they haven't
> >the same reputation as the original.
>
> Well, I think its main reputation is as the home of the wicked Sherriff (who
> Robin Hood would shoot round corners), with lace, racing and binge drinking
> bringing up the rear- possibly which you think of depends on your
> generation. Or not.
>
> >>now living in Bradford
> >
> >There are fourteen US States with Bradfords.
>
> Well well well. There's no accounting for nostalgia.
> Jennifer

Richard Nagel