[DWJ] A grammar realization - Where are we from?

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Apr 13 09:11:34 EDT 2007

On Apr 13, 2007, at 2:59 AM, Belben, Philip ((Energy Wholesale)) wrote:

> (Minnow, being traditionalist grammar queen, may wish to say "an
> hortatory subjunctive", as will anyone who drops the H, but I sound the
> H and stick to "a")

Hmmmm.  As a native speaker of what is fondly referred to as American
English, I sound the H and use "a".  Then again, with "herb", I don't
sound the "H" and use "an".

To quote whoever it was that said it, "two nations divided by a common
language."

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but
rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries
in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO - What a Ride!"