[DWJ] A grammar realization - Where are we from?

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Apr 13 09:08:07 EDT 2007

On Apr 13, 2007, at 2:46 AM, Belben, Philip ((Energy Wholesale)) wrote:

>> Pointless pedantry requires me to point out that the second "it's" in
>> that paragraph should be "its".
>
> Not pointless.  It's a typing error I often make, and frequently fail
> spot.
>
> After years of being told, and telling people, that "it's" means "it
> is", I realised only the other day that I frequently use "it's" to mean
> "it has".  But "it's" to mean "its" is a typing error to which I freely
> confess.
>
> Philip.

That's okay.  As a mercer, you are allowed the occasional
greengro'cer's a'postr'ophe.

I've gotten to the point where I have to carefully check it's/its
every time because I've gotten confused.  My suggestions for
a solution is that apostrophes be eliminated.  I'd rather have
none than too many.

Mornings are a delusion of the
planet bound.