[DWJ] A grammar realization - Where are we from?

Charles Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 04:37:41 EDT 2007

On 12/04/07, Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) <Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com>
wrote:
"To whence" is a
phrase that is (in my experience) not used, but it would make more sense
than the more usual "return whence you came" or the inaccurate (and
again pleonastic) "return from whence you came".

'Whencesover you came, return thither', is a good phrase to keep in mind
when encountering powerful demons. It doesn't have any magical force, but
one can usually make good one's escape while they're trying to untangle the
grammar.

On an only partially related note, has anyone ever come across the phrase
'Mote it be', outside a Masonic or Wiccan context? It just feels sort of,
er... made up.

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk