[DWJ] Jamie's family

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Apr 10 13:50:06 EDT 2007

In <Pine.LNX.4.63.0704101242300.9262 at suberic.net>, deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:
>*struggles really hard to ObDWJ this*
>*ponders*
>
>Jamie's family in Homeward Bounders was certainly in the
>same place for several generations.

Someone who has the book with them, how many?  I think we agreed at one
point that the family were immigrants from Scotland, so it might not be
many before Jamie's parents; how long are we counting as a generation,
in years, if we're talking about ordinary mortals?  I forget how many
greats-uncle he was.

And then there's the
>Archer's Goon family, for real longevity.

But they have been there for only one generation; they've just been
there as that one generation more than once.  :-)

>And how do generations work in Time City, anyhow?

I suspect they are very long in the case of one person, but much the
same as ours for everyone else, as it were.

>Hey, I'm trying, at least.

<refrains from making obvious comment>

<hides in waterweed>

Minnow