[DWJ] Where are we from?

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 08:50:01 EDT 2007

Well, I was born in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, to Canadian grad-student
parents, but only lived there for 6 months (the first time). I grew up in
Kingston, Ontario, Canada, where I lived till I went to university in
Toronto, Ontario. Actually, during that time we spent a year of sabbatical
in England - my dad was at the University of Liverpool (I think) - we lived
in Birkenhead.

Then it was off to the "wet" coast - Victoria, BC, Canada, for seven years.

Then I followed my partner to the US for his grad school time. And wouldn't
you know it, he ended up at the same school as my dad had been to (same
department, too!) and so I had a second stint in central Pennsylvania -
living in Bellefonte, working in State College at Penn State.

Then, 5 years ago, we moved here - to Madison, Wisconsin.

widdy