[DWJ] Where are we from?

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Tue Apr 10 05:19:18 EDT 2007

Sally asked:

> Where are we all from?

Well, where I live now is Coalville, Leicestershire, England.  (Not
Coalville, Utah; I think there's a town of that name in Queensland, too,
but I haven't tracked it down)

Where I'm from, I generally think of Somerset (by which I mean the
county in the Southwest of England).  My parents still live there, in an
old farmhouse that they bought in 1978.  On the subject of people living
a long time in one house, they bought it from a farmer whose family had
acquired the house in about 1570, we think.  Records were not terribly
clear!

But Somerset people move around less even than most.  There was an item
in the local paper a couple of years ago about some 4000-year-old human
remains found in a cave near Cheddar.  DNA analysis showed that his
descendants still lived in the village!

Anyway, I've been living in Coalville for 17 years, and I thought it
wouldn't be a long stay.  I'd like to go back to Somerset one day, and
I've even bought a house there, but for the moment must content myself
with being an absentee landlord.  ObDWJ:  As landlords go, I hope I'm
more like Ranger the Pig than Hadd.

> ODWJM - Bristol, anyone?

Well, I was born there: in Southmead Hospital, to be precise.  And I had
my first job in Bristol, too.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432