[DWJ] Any paid book reviewers out there?

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Apr 3 13:46:00 EDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

|I knew I could count on you guys for information.  :)  So just for details,
|what's the going rate on freelance reviews if you get paid for them?  (I've

One journal pays $10 per 60 word review -- and that 60 word
review might be for three lengthy children's nonfiction books in
a single series, so the money doesn't even begin to make up for
the time spent.

Another journal pays $25 per 175-word review, or $40 if the book
is longer. I'm pretty sure reviewers of adult books make more
money, but not much more money.

one of my friends has written lengthier reviews of 500-1000
words, and has made something on the order of $300 per review.
But those come few and far between.

On the other hand, "the game" is the first Diana Wynne Jones book
I've had to buy in years, because usually I get them for free three
months early as a reviewer. I have basically stopped buying
books.

-deborah
--
I myself have never been able to find out precisely what
feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist