[DWJ] OT: any actors around?

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 13:44:42 EDT 2007

This is rather like the book reviewing thing, only different! My daughter
Emily (12) has to interview an actor for a school project. It is a short
interview and seems to me could just as well be done by email (tracking down an
actor if you don't already know any seems a bit difficult -- is my daughter
supposed to act like a stage-door johnny? or ask random waiters if they happen  to
act a bit? we were discussing the matter at about eight-thirty on Sunday
morning, and my husband said authoritatively, "They'll all be asleep," as if he
were talking about raccoons).

They are doing a unit on the middle ages, which involves a complicated game
where you rise from the status of generic Peasant to become an Apprentice and
then a Journeyman. (Shades of _Tough Guide_ here!) She is going for
Journeyman  status and one of the tasks is

"Interview a guild member (a person who practices the craft today) and
report to the court:
a. -what was your guild like in the Middle Ages,
b. -what is your guild/craft like today,
c. -plus one question of your choosing."

I am afraid most of the people interviewed will just say "No clue" to
question A! I don't know what the student is supposed to do if that  happens.

Helen Schinske