[DWJ] Any paid book reviewers out there?

everbard at ix.netcom.com everbard at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 3 01:00:24 EDT 2007

<delurks, raises hand>
I've been a book reviewer for years.  And I get paid... um...

Let's just say it's 3 figures.  Low 3 figures.  A year.

One does not review books for the money.  They do it for the love.  And the free books.
And I guess they might make a little extra on the side if they sell the books they get on eBay, which is a morally-questionable proposition in its own right.  (Some authors/publishers don't care, some get very upset, the books often say NOT FOR SALE, etc etc etc.)

But from my experience, there's just not much money to be made in reviewing books unless you're working for somewhere like Entertainment Weekly or the major newspapers.

I'd love to hear from someone who's had more success than I have though. :>