[DWJ] Bujold query

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Apr 2 00:37:43 EDT 2007

Since I first learnt of Lois McMaster Bujold on this list, I figured
someone here might be able to answer a thing that has puzzled me:

I don't have a copy of the book 'Borders of Infinity' but I have read in
other collections the 3 short stories 'Mountains of Mourning',
'Labyrinth' and 'Borders of Infinity' which (I thought) make up the
contents of this book.  However, in the chronology at the back of most
of my Vorsokigan books, there is a reference not only to the short story
'Borders of Infinity' but also a separate reference to the book 'Borders
of Infinity', detailing a story which doesn't seem to have a separate
title, in which Miles solves a puzzle for Illyan while in hospital
recovering from more surgery. Can anyone explain this? Does the book
'Borders of Infinity' have other stories found nowhere else?

(It would be really nice if Amazon.com included a table of contents in
their book discriptions).

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Regards
Elizabeth (Evans).