[DWJ] Pinhoe sighting

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Sep 25 18:39:04 EDT 2006

Elizabeth Bentley wrote:

>I was flicking through the end of A Civil Contract by Georgette Heyer and
>came across the name of Jenny's maid, Martha Pinhoe.  Mere coincidence, I
>expect intriguing.

Can't be a case of reincarnation, though Heyer and DWJ shared the same
birthday so maybe it's a horoscope thing: people born in that part of that
sign feel a strange compulsion to use place-names from the West Country for
family names in their work.  :-)

I think Heyer also used Farleigh and Cleeve.  I'm sure of the former, can't
find the latter off-hand but I'm almost sure of it.

Minnow