[DWJ] Re: names

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Sep 22 16:18:32 EDT 2006

Both my names have caused problems for me: my first name is spelled
'D-E-V-R-A, which causes no end of confusion when making hotel reservations and  such
(one clever chap metamorphized me into 'Steve' and asked if my husband had
made the reservation....) My last name, Langsam, means 'slowly' in German and I
am indeed very tired of being reminded of that...
    Devra, also called Divia and Devious by a friend  who truly cannot spell
to save his life, not to mention Deura, Deora, Dexra...  (It is, of course, a
minor variant on the standard  name)