Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Thu Sep 21 15:03:08 EDT 2006

Juliette said...

> Hear hear! I cannot count the number of times people have said "wherefore
> art thou Romeo" at me, beaming with delight at their own originality and
> wit. I simply comtinue the speech. "Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
> Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I'll no longer be a
> Capulet." They never do it again.

Oh yes.  And I can't even complain that much about the "picture in the
attic" jokes, because I did *choose* to be called Dorian.  (I usually smile
nastily and say "oh no, the picture isn't in the attic; the
voodoo-Barbie-dolls are in the attic."  This tends to make people edge away
nervously.)

> I am also tired of telling people that I am "Juliette", not "Julie", and
> it is the French spelling, not the Italian spelling.

As I get tired of telling people that it's "Dorian", not "Doreen" (a name I
happen to loathe), and that it is *not* spelt "Dorien".

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"I will not trust you, I,
Nor longer stay in your curst company.
Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray;
My legs are longer though to run away."
-Wm. Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"