Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 03:30:33 EDT 2006

--- Charles Butler <charlescbutler at btinternet.com>
wrote:
>   Interesting. Are there any other fantasy names
> that have passed into common use? I can think of
> only two: Pamela (Sidney's Arcadia) and Wendy (Peter
> Pan).
>
>   Charlie

I thought it was a myth that Barrie invented the name
Wendy and that it was used in the 19th century. (a
shortening of Gwendoline?).
I can't help wondering if the proliferation of Sarah
Janes and Tegans is a result of Dr Who.
Jon - who gave both his girls middle names with
fantasy connotations Alice and Eleanor (we toyed with
Elanor - but then thought NO)