[DWJ] Re: Baby names

Wed Sep 20 23:52:41 EDT 2006

I'm so famous there's a whole town in Crete named after me.  :)

I was supposed to be a Melanie, but my mom found out it meant roughly "clad
in darkness" and changed her mind.  And I am most commonly mistaken for a
Michelle, who knows why.

Jacob's family has had six new babies this year (actually five and one more
still to come) and their naming practices are amusing.  We now have nephews
Booker T. and Zephyr, and I can't remember the girls--family runs to girls
anyway, so I've given up trying to keep track.  But some of the other kids
are Daxton, Kindyl, Janee, and a whole family with the "an" syllable
somewhere in their first names.  This from the family who were shocked that
we would name our poor eldest daughter Teleri.  It's such a weird name,
don't you know.

Kylie, I should remind you by way of warning that all my children ended up
with personality traits of the literary characters they were named for.  So
think carefully before you end up with a real Gwendolen or Anthea....

Melissa Proffitt