O. Elizabeth Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Sep 20 23:26:02 EDT 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Jon Noble wrote:

> We see lots of these, Every possible way of spelling a
> word, knowing the kids I usually suspect that the
> parents have no idea how the name is spelt - or even
> if it is traditionally a boys or girls name.

I worked with an African-American man whose first name
was Sigrid and who was apparently unaware that it is usually
a woman's name.

Incidentally, one of the Rules of Life is that everyone
pronounces their own name correctly, no matter how
you think they should be doing it.

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought
to the bidding of the leaders.  That is easy.  All you have
to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce
the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the
country to greater danger.

                                                    - Hermann Goering